3. Paisley Earrings by Hill Country Hill Tribers – $22 Hill Country Hill Triber products are created by artisans who were forced to flee their homes and livelihoods in Burma and are now building new lives as refugees in Austin, Texas. By making beautiful traditional products in their homes, they are creating new a community while remembering the ones they left behind. As a direct trade non-profit organization, we give 70% of the proceeds from each sale back to the artisan who made it.
4. Didi Scarf by Anachal Scarf - $75 The Anchal Project is happy to announce a special collaboration with award winning actress and activist, America Ferrera, to launch the first premium collection of “Sisterhood Scarves.” As part of their mission to provide alternative careers in textiles to commercial sex workers living in India, proceeds from the “Sisterhood Scarves” will help support 15 sex workers uphold a new sustainable future as artisan-designers.
FOR HIM: 6. Polar Bear Tee by KNO Clothing – $25 KNO is a socially conscious fashion company working to help end homelessness in the United States. With every purchase, they donate an article of clothing to someone in need and they give away some of their profits to their non-profit partners who are working to help end homelessness in over 150 communities.
7. Solar Light by Unite to Light – $25 With each light sold, one will go to someone in a developing country that is using kerosene or another unhealthy form of lighting. Unite to Light is a non-profit organization and has shipped over 25,000 lights to over 54 countries.
8. The Classic by Esperos – $70 With every bag sold by Esperos, they send a child in a developing country to school for a year. One bag. One child. One year. At the moment, their focus is in Haiti, where they work with Fonkoze, a non-profit micro-finance organization, to ensure our money ends up in the hands of the children they’re serving.
9. The Del by Nine Five Ltd – $25 The “PUT A LID ON” movement uses the purchasing power of their fans to benefit the earth and help those less fortunate live a better day. Nine Five Ltd. is committed to donating 20% of every purchase made on their site and turning the contributions into something that supports the greater good. Their customers enable them to give and, in turn, empower them to choose a cause to help put an end to, or as they like to say “PUT A LID ON”.
Find even MORE socially responsible gifts here or SHARE your favorite socially responsible gifts in the comments below!